Tuesday 26 June 2007

Driving...

Just in a web cafe briefly whilst car window gets fixed. Don´t have camera with me, and indeed this web cafe isn´t as good as the last so no pictures - maybe tonight. We´re off to see Alhambra today, Granada´s main attraction. Looks amazing from the outside. Yesterday Juanvi´s sister and her friend very kindly took us around Granada. Amazing place to walk around and amazing Tapas! You can´t buy a drink without getting food though, which left me very full, and quite thirsty... You can´t turn such yummy food down...
Hopefully I´ll get Sevilla done before I have to go back to the car, but that´s quite a long story, so first some observations, or rather a couple of questions for Juanvi. There are lots of serious bridges unattached to any real roads (maybe a farmer´s track though) over major roads in Spain.. why? I´m sure the farmer couldn´t afford them, so is the government just very kind? And there´s lots of speed camera/radar signs about, but I´m yet to se any speed monitoring device (or cars slowing down) - I´m guessing the signs are just to scare people? or are the cameras just well hidden?
At any rate we were about to leave Portugal in our last update - it was a relief to leave the Portugese drivers. They are very scary. In Spain there´s a lot of horns, but less just plain swerving around you to get where they want, without warning. The driving was still a bit scary a short way over the border but by Sevilla it had calmed down... phew!
But now to see if I can get Sevilla done in 15 minutes... (I don´t think so...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's try to answer those questions the best I can... Maybe what you think are farms road are part of our main road system :-) Not entirely sure what you are talking about, but... we have something for road bridges in Spain, that is true. I was myself surprised for how many roundabouts you come across driving in England. (Fixed) cameras are a new thing, there were none when I was living there. Plenty of mobile speed radars though...